After working, the fire resistant clothing must be covered in dirt or flammable particle which would decrease visibility and other properties and even expose you to danger. To keep the fire resistant clothing clean and meet the standards, how to wash fire resistant clothing has become an important issue, regular washing will increase the fire resistant clothing’s lifetime and maintain protective properties.
- Read and follow the washing instructions on the garment’s wash label, and you will know how to wash fire resistant clothing.
- Make sure to close all of the zippers, buttons, nylon Velcro, etc., and turn the garment inside out before putting it in the washing machine.
- Follow the washing instructions, and do not use fabric softer and chlorine bleach which is because they may reduce the performance of the fabric.
- Do not mix the chemical treatment clothing together with fire resistant clothing as the chemicals on the chemical treatment clothing will damage the fabric and accessories.
- When using the dryer, please read the label carefully and follow the temperature, and make sure the fire resistant clothing is dried.